Saturday, April 27, 2013

Am I Still Walking?  You Betcha!


You might be wondering what in the world happened to Virginia over the past ten months.  It has been a challenging year, but I have (kind of) kept up with the walking.  Fall of 2012 brought some big changes in my ability to walk and swim and those changes have slowed me down quite a bit.  In January I was so disgusted with my lack of ability that I just quit wearing my pedometer.  
In the past few weeks I have been reminded that if the trip of a lifetime takes a lifetime, that is OK.  
In April I put the pedometer back on.  This week I replaced the battery after realizing that there was a problem (I'm a slow study!).  I am back to walking and logging.  I won't make the kind of progress I was making a year ago, but again, that's OK.  The point is that I am moving and that movement is taking me toward my goal of reaching New Zealand.  

I'll spend some time this next week or so telling you about some of the places I have visited.  For now I'll simply let you know that I am just northwest of Menard, Texas.  I think I mentioned in my last post that Texas is a BIG state.  The road sign on I-10 shortly after you enter the state tells you that El Paso is a mere 850 or so miles away.  It'll be another week or two (or three or four!) before I hit New Mexico!


                                                      


No comments:

Post a Comment